Friday 19 August 2011

Crochet Shoes

I've been messing around trying to make some shoes for my dolls.  I tried fabric but they didn't look very nice.  Then I tried crochet shoes but found them very fiddly to do.  Today I spent time writing out a pattern so that I could understand it.  Here is the finished result, they don't look as neat in the picture as they do in real life...

Here's the pattern that I came up with to fit a 40 mm foot, using 4 ply and a 3.5 mm hook but by changing to a thicker yarn or a bigger hook it would fit a bigger doll...
Shoes

Row No


Chain 6


1

1 sc into 2nd ch from hook


3 sc

5 sc in next loop

4 sc

2

In 1st loop 2 sc


5 sc

2 sc in each next 3 loops

5 sc and join

3

hdc in fp of sc  (18 sts)


Join

4

6 sc


Sk 1

1 sc

Sk 1

1 sc

Sk 1

1 sc

4 sc

join

5

6 sc


Sk 1

1 sc

Sk 1

1 sc

5 sc

join

ch = chain
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
fp = front post
Sk = skip

No comments:

Post a Comment