Friday, 26 July 2013

Sunsuit for Chloe

After I made my decision not to worry about being 'perfect' with my sewing, things have gone really well.  Not that anything I made was perfect but you know what I mean, I hope.  Not being perfect to me means not worrying about raw edges on the inside and not worrying about sewing it all on the sewing machine as opposed to a lot of hand sewing.  This decision resulted in me being on a roll with dolls clothes.  I was going to save this post for next week but I thought this sunsuit is just too cute not to show...
I used this pattern.  I copied the pattern to my computer desktop then opened Word and inserted it onto the page.  It turned out 75% of the original size and I saw that it would probably fit Chloe, if not it would fit my little Gotz doll.  Anyway, I was very pleased with how it turned out.  The back closure is Velcro again, it could do with a bit of adjustment at the back as this doll is quite slim and her back sort of curves.  But it looks just right at the front.
The whole sunsuit is machine sewn and is very quick to make.  I can do a picture tutorial of how I made it if you would like me to.  The next one will be for my little Gotz but it will be exactly the same size as this one.

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Summer Top and Pants

The last few days have been very productive.  The three dolls that had been left out for new clothes now all have something summery to wear.  I'm quite pleased with how this one turned out...
The top is made out of a child's sock.  It is a bit raw around the cut edges but I'm ok with this, there's only me 'playing' with my dolls.  The pants look just how I wanted them from the front.  The back is rather baggy because this doll has quite wide hips and very narrow waist.  So there is quite a bit of overlap where I've added the Velcro closure.  But, as I say, it's my doll so that's ok.
This doll is a Best Friends Club doll.  It was on special offer from one of those bargain shops, wish I'd bought another one now but they are sold out.  I think it was something like £14.99.

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Summer Outfit for Design a Friend Doll

This doll hasn't got a name yet.  I bought her last year and have only just got round to making her anything...

The top turned into a jacket because I reduced the size of the pattern too much.  She is slimmer than Bridgette and really I wanted the top to look the same a Bridgette's.  Her body is cloth so she does get away with wearing the jacket, it looks like a tee shirt underneath it.
Not bad going for me - two outfits in two days!

Monday, 22 July 2013

Summer Outfit for Bridgette

Poor Bridgette was standing in my craft room wearing the winter coat I made for her ages ago.  She has given most of her dresses away because she didn't think they suited her.  So, she needed something cool and summery...
This top and skirt only took me a couple of hours to make.  I've decided that instead of worrying about the finish of my doll clothes I will get on and just make them.  Well, it worked with this outfit and it looks fine.  I used Velcro as the closure on both the skirt and top.