Saturday 23 April 2011

Summer Top

The little old doll was feeling a bit warm in her knitted top so I made her a little tee-shirt top to go with her new skirt....
She looks a lot more comfortable now.

This is the first time I've sewn tee-shirt fabric.  The only thing I did differently was to change my needle for a 'stretch' one.  I'd bought these needles a long time ago but never got around to using them.  That's the best thing about having a stash, you know you'll use it sometime.  Also, the tee-shirt fabric is very forgiving, the amount of stretch in it means the pattern doesn't have to be completely accurate, it stretches to fit.

After I'd written the above I decided to make some shorts...
They might not be brilliantly well made but they look ok on.  The legs are not finished off and probably wouldn't be suitable for a child to play with but that's ok, there is only me playing with her!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute. I've never had good luck sewing on stretchy fabric unless I use a serger (and I got rid of my serger a while back because I so rarely used it). But I don't think I've tried using a stretch needle so I'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete