Sunday 3 April 2011

To Sew or To Buy

A few months ago I bought a Gotz Cookie with the intention of making clothes for this type of baby doll.  It turned out more difficult than I expected so decided to buy this doll some new clothes.  I wasn't sure what size baby clothes come in not having to buy baby clothes for forty years!  It turned out that Early Baby or Tiny Baby clothes fit this size of doll.  So here he is in his new outfit.  The hat is a bit big but he doesn't mind!

I made this outfit as a gift for a friend who has an AG type doll....
This is my Gotz Precious Day Girl modelling it, she is the same size as an AG.
The jacket is made from felt, it worked ok but I would like to use a better quality fabric if I can find something suitable.

3 comments:

  1. Baby is as cute as can be. Clothes for friends doll are elegant...the coat design is very nice...can't tell about fabric. It looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I think that's what we would call preemie size in the US. I have an "Our New Baby" doll by the old Pleasant Company (the dolls are called Bitty Baby" now) and preemie clothes fit her perfectly. I was thinking about making clothes for her, but she is one of the dolls I can easily share if a little one who loves dolls comes into my life. When I was a little girl, I would have adored the realism of real baby clothes, so I went ahead and bought 2 or 3 outfits. Now I'm ready, just in case : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more comment.. have you seen 100% merino wool felt? It is lovely. We have a store in Portland that carries it. On the web the only place I've been able to find it is Felt on the Fly http://www.etsy.com/shop/feltonthefly?ref=seller_info

    It makes beautiful doll coats and hats : )

    ReplyDelete