Friday, 26 July 2013

Sunsuit for Chloe

After I made my decision not to worry about being 'perfect' with my sewing, things have gone really well.  Not that anything I made was perfect but you know what I mean, I hope.  Not being perfect to me means not worrying about raw edges on the inside and not worrying about sewing it all on the sewing machine as opposed to a lot of hand sewing.  This decision resulted in me being on a roll with dolls clothes.  I was going to save this post for next week but I thought this sunsuit is just too cute not to show...
I used this pattern.  I copied the pattern to my computer desktop then opened Word and inserted it onto the page.  It turned out 75% of the original size and I saw that it would probably fit Chloe, if not it would fit my little Gotz doll.  Anyway, I was very pleased with how it turned out.  The back closure is Velcro again, it could do with a bit of adjustment at the back as this doll is quite slim and her back sort of curves.  But it looks just right at the front.
The whole sunsuit is machine sewn and is very quick to make.  I can do a picture tutorial of how I made it if you would like me to.  The next one will be for my little Gotz but it will be exactly the same size as this one.


  1. That is adorable! I love your material choice.

  2. You really ARE on a roll! I downloaded that pattern a long time ago but have never tried it. Now I just have to decide who gets the first one.